Thursday, May 19, 2011

The show needed a back light....


Yesterday I watched the show of "Del Toros"in the Venue. All production was perfect, light, video and audio, all perfect. I'm not an expert on lighting but I have seen many live shows with excellent lighting production. The lighting in this show was very well handled, but I found that it needed more creativity. At all times the white light was prevailing, the scene was very well balanced to take video, but I think that the light was flat at all times, there was no contrast on the colors. During a song on the show I was thinking why the show doesn't have back lights behind the musicians. At this moment, I was imaging that part of the song with back lights. And when I found this picture, tonight, I thought, this is the kind of color of light that I would have liked to use as back light during that song. Beautiful color that could create a awesome contrast. The magenta in the sky is my back light and the musicians are the trees. That kind of scene I wanted to see.

1 comment:

  1. Whether you think so or not, you do have a great understanding of light and how to use it.

    ReplyDelete