Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My interest in lighting

I never thought to be interested in lighting. It's ironic, I am a photographer but never thought to be interested in lighting for shows and theaters. When I started pursuing a career in Show Pro, I never had in my mind lighting. I always thought in audio only.
Today in my second class of LCD I realized that I knew nothing about the lighting equipment traditionally used in shows. Best of all is that the class wasn't boring. All aspects of it were interesting. I had used gels before in my flash and in some tungsten reflectors for photography and video sessions but I never analyzed the reflectors and its parts or how it were made​​. Although I found it somewhat confusing the way the color gels palette was numbered. The numbers on the gels wasn't in order. I should ask why.
An interesting point of the class was the psychology of color and its use. Also, the photopigment depletion phenomenon. I didn't know about it. 30 seconds exposed to monochromatic scenes and it happens.
I think today's class opened my interest in lighting. I hope that the following classes are equal or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment